Communications directors (CMMD), often called public relations directors, oversee communications within a company or organization, and they also represent their employer to the public.
This role is strategic and has a heavy emphasis on brand management. Is responsible for managing all communications plan activities and building external relationships with the organization's constituencies, including funders, network, clients and the media.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions.
- At least 5 years experience in agencies, managing international and local media.
- Strategic account management skills across multiple sectors / segments; success in direct and / or virtual leadership of global teams.
- Experience in alliance management; exceptional diplomatic skills and the ability to think creatively.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; ability to thrive amidst ambiguity and adapt to shifting circumstances.
- Global experience: lived in / worked across multiple markets.
- Ability to travel as needed for covered accounts and territory.
- Culturally sensitive with experience in regional/global projects - i.e., managing multiple stakeholders, delivering initiatives that work across multiple geographies.
- General knowledge of digital tools and glossary.
- Full project management experience including Online Advertising, Website Implementation, Intranet/Extranet, Metrics and Optimisation, etc.
- Excellent facilitation/presentation skills, both in preparing materials required and in delivery. Excellent written skills.
- Excellent Public Speaker
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, allocate resources, prioritise workflow and respond to workplace changes.
- Good English oral and written communication skills.
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge.
- Proven self-starter who enjoys multi-tasking.
- Strong link with journalists and media outlets.
- Active in social media channels.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!