The Account Director (AD) and Group Account Director roles focus more on managing the agency relationship with a client, and larger marketing concerns.
Responsible for profitability for a specific group of accounts and represents the Agency at the community level. S/he is also the managing executive of the market on non-functional issues. The senior account person with responsibility for direct supervision of all group account service staff as well as responsibility for one or more accounts. Manages Client relationships and resolves functional conflicts through consultation with regional function heads. The Account Director is the person to whom the account supervisor and account executives look for support, guidance, and counsel.
Is one of the responsibles of delivering the best creative work on the market, along with improve client’s business.
● Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions.
● At least 10 years experience in agencies, managing international and local clients with a diversified set of profiles and categories (from macro to micro).
● BA/BS required. Advanced degree (MBA, JD/LLB, MA/MS, MEng etc) preferred.
● 5+ years work experience including sales, business development and managing customer relationships.
● Strategic account management skills across multiple sectors / segments; success in direct and / or virtual leadership of global teams.
● Track record in multiple business functions, including one or more of: frontline sales, account management, business and sales operations, proposition and product management.
● Understanding of Tax & Accounting propositions and the market we serve
● Experience in alliance management; exceptional diplomatic skills and the ability to think creatively.
● Entrepreneurial spirit; ability to thrive amidst ambiguity and adapt to shifting circumstances.
● Global experience: lived in / worked across multiple markets.
● Ability to travel as needed for covered accounts and territory
● Experience leading business negotiations, and delivery on subsequent agreements.
● Capacity and interest to read clients business results.
● General knowledge of digital tools and glossary.
● Well versed in planning campaigns across multiple platforms.
● Excellent facilitation/presentation skills, both in preparing materials required and in delivery. Excellent written skills.
● Excellent Public Speaker
● Good English oral and written communication skills.
● Strong negotiation skills. Most important agency profile to maximize agency profitability.
● Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge.
● Active in social media channels